How to enrol with Global Chef and Hospitality school
Submit an application form (see attached) via email, with a copy of your ID and CV.
Global Chef and Hospitality School will contact you on receipt of application form
Details regarding the qualification you have chosen and the terms and conditions will be sent on receipt of the application form.
The student will have to find (or Global Chef and Hospitality School will assist) him/her self a place of work in the Hospitality Industry where the practical components will be covered during the studies, and earn a Salary! The student will be supervised by the line manager or assigned senior chef during the study period which could be anything between 1 – 2 years (or longer).
Alternatively the student is working in the hospitality industry, but has no formal qualification and wishes to obtain one, then we are the best choice for you.
What do I need for a successful application?
- The qualification you are applying for needs to be relevant to your current job/position and experience
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be in possession of a Gr 10 Certificate
- Use of a computer with ‘Windows’ and internet access
- Email address
- Contactable telephone numbers
Our Students can enrol at any time of the year, they can study at a full time pace or a part time pace, the choice of time limit is at their discretion. We enrol them for the International exam’s when the syllabus is has been completed.
We at Global chef and Hospitality school would like to spread over the African continent and become the most affordable Hospitality Education Centre in Africa.
We will sign an agreement of proper conduct according to Global Chef and Hospitality school rules.
The Industry will Train the students in the practical sector and we will conduct all theory component online. The student will have to supply us with a monthly progress report and completed assignments as per syllabus. We will observe and assess the student according to our (supplied) criteria until the complete syllabus is covered. A Global Chef and Hospitality school Moderator and verifier will visit you on a regular interval for a verification visit.
Once the student has completed the Theory and practical components’ successfully, we will then register the student for the Examinations.
The demand for well-educated chefs and Hospitality personnel continues to grow, as the hospitality industry soars in South Africa. Thriving tourism, and heightened food awareness among locals, is turning South African attentions toward epicurean excellence, creating employment opportunities for student chefs. Modern culinary arts school graduates work in restaurant, catering companies, hotel, and casino kitchens. Positions as caterers, private chefs, owner/operators, and even instructors are also growing in numbers.
Culinary learning takes many forms, so a requisite part of the career planning is to gain a familiarity with our online course offerings.
Learners can take up to two years to complete their course. And when learners are required to write their exams, venues are offered at a wide variety of locations. Furthermore, where practical training needs to be assessed, Global Chef School International makes the necessary arrangements.
By enrolling with us, you have chosen the most efficient method possible. The Student does not have a high financial burden during and after the studies, they can earn while they learn, they don’t have to travel to school, they don’t have to sit in a cramped classroom and don’t have any time limits to finish our program.
Taking classes online is a popular way for working professionals to have the chance to gain a tertiary education at their own pace. People who take online classes usually are looking for convenient Education, Apprenticeships, career advancement, career changes, or just want to finish a program they started some time ago.
So why online education you ask?
- Lower costs, it is not uncommon for tuition at online schools to be lower than that of a traditional school. In addition, costs associated with things like commuting or typical classroom supplies are not relevant in an online learning environment, therefore, lowering overall costs. Furthermore, students might not have to worry about rising textbook prices commonly; students are able to download all materials needed for their classes, including lectures, assignments, additional notes, and other materials.
- No sitting in classrooms, since all study materials are online, students will not have to attend classes. Lectures and other materials are electronically sent to the student who will then read them, prepare to take quizzes, and complete assignments. Students will never have to visit a classroom. For those working full time, this will save time and simplify studying.
- Choosing Study Times, Students will be able to plan their study time around the rest of their day instead of the other way around. It is the student’s choice whether or not studying at night time or in the morning is best for them. It is recommended that students try to develop a study routine if they can. Having to work and attend classes at the same time can be very stressful.
- Electronic Format – Course material is in electronic format and supplied via email.